Raven is woven throughout the creation story of many Indigenous groups including the Gitxsan. Raven is also mischievous and is known as the trickster and a shape shifter. Here is a summary story as to how we got the sun, moon and stars.
Raven was fascinated with the light in the box in the possession of a great Gitxsan Chief, he wanted to own it because he felt that he would be the most powerful creature if he owned the light. He impregnated the Chief's daughter by turning himself into a pine needle and the daughter swallowed the pine needle while drinking water. After he was born he cried to play with the light, the Chief would not let him. The Chief finally gave in to the crying and let the Raven child play with the light in the box. After a few times of playing with the light and then returning it, Raven eventually flew off with the light. He laughed so hard at the angry Chief as the Chief was hollering at Raven. He laughed too hard and let go of the light. When the light hit the earth it split into a million pieces, some of which turned into the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. That is how we got the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets.
Our vibrant, body hugging fitted skirts can be paired with a tunic top for the office, or dressed up for a night out!
• Made from 88% polyester, 12% spandex performance knit fabric manufactured in Canada
• The performance fabric features EcoPoly fiber, this fiber is eco-friendly since it requires significantly less energy and water during manufacturing than conventional polyester
• Each fitted skirt is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Signature performance fabric is made by a local Montreal mill!
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing, our ultra-stretch fabric holds shape even after multiple uses
• Thick elastic waistband cover stitched in place, elastic will rise just under the belly button for most people
• Fitted skirt hugs your body and falls just above mid-thigh on most people
• Easy care, machine wash in cold water with a phosphate-free detergent, machine dry on medium to high heat, do not bleach
• Fabric will dry quickly so you can wear your skirt again soon