Raven is woven throughout the creation story of many Indigenous groups including the Gitxsan. Raven is also mischievous and is known as the trickster and a shape shifter. Here is a summary story as to how we got the sun, moon and stars.
Raven was fascinated with the light in the box in the possession of a great Gitxsan Chief, he wanted to own it because he felt that he would be the most powerful creature if he owned the light. He impregnated the Chief's daughter by turning himself into a pine needle and the daughter swallowed the pine needle while drinking water. After he was born he cried to play with the light, the Chief would not let him. The Chief finally gave in to the crying and let the Raven child play with the light in the box. After a few times of playing with the light and then returning it, Raven eventually flew off with the light. He laughed so hard at the angry Chief as the Chief was hollering at Raven. He laughed too hard and let go of the light. When the light hit the earth it split into a million pieces, some of which turned into the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. That is how we got the sun, the moon, the stars and the planets.
Custom printed double knit face coverings keep you safe and comfortable for all day use! Featuring:
• Made from our super stretchy double knit poly
• Available in 2 youth and 3 adult sizes to suit a variety of face shapes
• Double layer of tightly knitted fabric that appears as a single layer
• Precision cut edges to replace ties and elastics
• Vibrant prints are completely permanent
* Be cautious if you are prone to skin allergies as these coverings are 100% polyester