The Killerwhale tribe can be found in the Gitxsan (though called Fireweed Clan), Nisga'a, Tsimshian, and Tlingit to name a few. The Killerwhale is a very important crest and mythic being to each group and is referenced in our stories and art. The Killerwhale is recognized as clan ancestors and reincarnated chiefs. They are associated with strength, dignity, prosperity, and longevity.
Some believe that Killerwhales inhabit ancient villages deep in the ocean and shed their black and white skins and live as humans there. In some cultures, when a chief dies, Killerwhales will come close to shore to carry the chief's spirit.
Like the wolf, the Killerwhale are familial and are always seen in pods. The Killerwhale is also known as Protector of the Sea and Sea Wolf. This is why I have a 'watcher' in my killerwhales' dorsal fin and a wolf within its' body.
Fluid and beautiful draped scarves are the perfect way to dress up any outfit and wear art where you go.
• Made from 100% polyester fabric
• Smooth surface with low lustre
• Very soft hand, lovely drape, mimics silk
• Print is visible about 50% on the back side
• Each scarf is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing
• Machine wash in cold water with phosphate free detergent, hang to dry, iron on synthetic setting, may shrink after the first wash