Killerwhale Pink FC
The Killerwhale tribe can be found in the Gitxsan (though called Fireweed Clan), Nisga'a, Tsimshian, and Tlingit to name a few. The Killerwhale is a very important crest and mythic being to each group and is referenced in our stories and art. The Killerwhale is recognized as clan ancestors and reincarnated chiefs. They are associated with strength, dignity, prosperity, and longevity.
Some believe that Killerwhales inhabit ancient villages deep in the ocean and shed their black and white skins and live as humans there. In some cultures, when a chief dies, Killerwhales will come close to shore to carry the chief's spirit.
Like the wolf, the Killerwhale are familial and are always seen in pods. The Killerwhale is also known as Protector of the Sea and Sea Wolf. This is why I have a 'watcher' in my killerwhales' dorsal fin and a wolf within its' body.
I love the Killerwhale and love the environment in which it lives. My ancestral name, which was carried by my grandmother and many grandmothers before, is Wii' hlbuun. It translates to the 'splash made by the whale's tail as it hits the surface of the ocean'. Love and Light.
Custom printed double knit face coverings keep you safe and comfortable for all day use! Featuring:
• Made from our super stretchy double knit poly
• Available in 2 youth and 3 adult sizes to suit a variety of face shapes
• Double layer of tightly knitted fabric that appears as a single layer
• Precision cut edges to replace ties and elastics
• Vibrant prints are completely permanent
* Be cautious if you are prone to skin allergies as these coverings are 100% polyester