The feather is significant in many cultures. In my Gitxsan culture, down is spread as an honourary gesture for guests before ceremony. Dancers dance with down in their head dress so that it spreads as the song is sung and the dancers dance. To witness this is quite spectacular as the air is filled with down and it slowly settles on honoured guests is like a blessing. In other cultures, the feather symbolizes respect, communication, healing, and embracing. To be in receipt of a feather is to be acknowledged for your work that benefits your community.
Fluid and beautiful draped scarves are the perfect way to dress up any outfit with authentic wearable Indigenous art.
- Each scarf is printed and hand sewn in Canada
- Smooth surface with low lustre made with 100% polyester fabric
- Very soft hand with a lovely, silky, drape
- Vivid print will never fade after machine washing in cold water and hang dry.
- Iron on synthetic setting, there may be a small shrinkage after the first wash.