The feather is significant in many cultures. In my Gitxsan culture, down is spread as an honourary gesture for guests before ceremony. Dancers dance with down in their head dress so that it spreads as the song is sung and the dancers dance. To witness this is quite spectacular as the air is filled with down and it slowly settles on honoured guests is like a blessing. In other cultures, the feather symbolizes respect, communication, healing, and embracing. To be in receipt of a feather is to be acknowledged for your work that benefits your community.
These feathers form a circle, which represents life, connection and the continuation of our being.Fluid and beautiful draped scarves are the perfect way to dress up any outfit and wear art where you go.
• Made from 100% polyester fabric
• Smooth surface with low lustre
• Very soft hand, lovely drape, mimics silk
• Print is visible about 50% on the back side
• Each scarf is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing
• Machine wash in cold water with phosphate free detergent, hang to dry, iron on synthetic setting, may shrink after the first wash