The feather is significant in many cultures. In my Gitxsan culture, down is spread as an honourary gesture for guests before ceremony. Dancers dance with down in their head dress so that it spreads as the song is sung and the dancers dance. To witness this is quite spectacular as the air is filled with down and it slowly settles on honoured guests is like a blessing. In other cultures, the feather symbolizes respect, communication, healing, and embracing. To be in receipt of a feather is to be acknowledged for your work that benefits your community.
These feathers form a circle, which represents life, connection and the continuation of our being.
These flare skirts are great paired with your fave tee for a casual day, or if you’re getting ready for a festival or concert, pair with a printed crop top!
• Made from 88% polyester, 12% spandex performance knit fabric manufactured in Canada
• The performance fabric features EcoPoly fiber, this fiber is eco-friendly since it requires significantly less energy and water during manufacturing than conventional polyester
• Each flare skirt is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Signature performance fabric is made by a local Montreal mill
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing, our ultra-stretch fabric holds shape even after multiple wearings
• Thick elastic waistband cover stitched in place, elastic will rise just under the belly button for most people
• Falls just above mid-thigh on most people
• Easy care, machine wash in cold water with a phosphate-free detergent, machine dry on medium to high heat, do not bleach
• Fabric will dry quickly so you can wear your skirt again soon