There is no real definition as to how the artist came up with the forms in this art. I personally studied many robes to try to get a feel for the form and the flow of the art. This is the result. This is my homage to an artform that is so very beautiful and to the weavers of today who have taken on this lifelong journey.
The chilkat art style is also being recreated by foreign companies and sold for profit - culturally appropriated. Please be sure you are buying this art form created and made by an Indigenous person/company.
About the garment:
- Length: 26"
- Black stretch tank top underlayer
- Asymmetrical see through chiffon cape
- Covers shoulders and upper arms & Shape-flattering
- Premium ITY Knit (95% Polyester, 5% Spandex)
- Chiffon for cape (100% Polyester)
- Machine Washable
- Sizes XS to XL
- Made in Canada