This legging pays homage to the Chilkat design and the talented weavers of the Chilkat and Ravenstail robes. These originally came from my nation the Gitxsan. Through marriage or trade the robes made their way to other territories including the Tlingit and Haida peoples.
Today, there are less than 50 weavers, less than half of those weave the Chilkat design. This art is a lifetime commitment as each robe takes between 9 months to 24 months to make. Originally, the weaver used goats wool that was intertwined with cedar strips, which accounts for the resilience of the robes. Today, you can see these robes in museums and they are just as beautiful as the day the weaver crossed her last warp with her weft.
This design is called Wihl Buun, named after my ancestral name. It translates to the 'Whales's Tail as it splashes the ocean's surface.'
Work out in comfort with our 3 panel yoga leggings featuring our signature performance fabrics that stretch with you and won't give up! The high-cut foldover waistband gives you versatility, freedom of movement, and comfort making these leggings perfect for everyday wear.
• Leggings made of performance knit fabric (88% polyester, 12% spandex)
• Waistband made of swimsuit knit fabric (71% polyester, 29% spandex) for staying power
• Both fabrics manufactured in Canada
• The performance fabric features EcoPoly fiber, this fiber is eco-friendly since it requires significantly less energy and water during manufacturing than conventional polyester
• Every pair of yoga leggings is printed and sewn by hand in Montreal, Canada
• Signature performance fabric is made by a local Montreal mill
• Compression fit, our yoga leggings hug in all the right places and suit all body types
• Vivid print that will never fade after washing, this ultra-stretch fabric holds shape even after multiple wearings
• Waistband can be worn as a high waistband, or folded down to hug your hips
• Easy care, machine wash in cold water with a phosphate free detergent, machine dry on medium to high heat, do not bleach
• Fabric will dry quickly so you can wear your yoga leggings again soon